Come one, come all to a night of Rock 'n' Roll celebrating Willie Nile's birthday featuring songs from throughout his four-decade career. Come and enjoy the movable feast!
The New York Times called Willie Nile “one of the most gifted singer-songwriters to emerge from the New York scene in years.”
“Crossing the power of the Clash with the social consciousness of Woody Guthrie…he’s stronger than ever!” – The Morton Report
“Wllie Nile is a great artist.” Lucinda Williams
“A man who embodies the true spirit of rock n’ roll.” - London Times
- His album Streets Of New York was hailed as “a platter for the ages” by UNCUT magazine. Rolling Stone listed The Innocent Ones as one of the “Top Ten Best Under-The-Radar Albums of 2011” and BBC Radio called it “THE rock ‘n’ roll album of the year.”
- Bono, Bruce Springsteen, Pete Townsend, Lucinda Williams, Jim Jarmusch, Lou Reed and Little Steven are among those who have sung his praises. His album, American Ride, won “Best Rock Album of the Year” at the Independent Music Awards. It appeared on over one hundred year-end Top Ten lists for 2013 and Bono called it, “One of the great guides to unraveling the mystery that is the troubled beauty of America.”
- In November 2014, he released an album of piano-based songs, If I Was A River, to universal critical acclaim. “One of the most brilliant singer-songwriters of the past thirty years” said The New Yorker. No Depression raved “Willie Nile’s artistic renaissance continues unabated.”
- His 2016 album World War Willie appeared on numerous year end top ten lists as did hid his live shows. As American Songwriter said, "Nile cranks up the volume and tears into these tunes with the same hunger, passion and exuberance he displays in his legendary sweat-soaked shows."World War Willie was voted “Album Of The Year” by Twangville Magazine and the song Forever Wild was named “Coolest Song In The World” by Little Steven’s Underground Garage.
- Willie has toured across the U.S. with The Who and has sung with Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. As the induction program from the Buffalo Music Hall of Fame says: “His live performances are legendary.” In the summer of 2017 Willie Nile released his 11th studio album Positively Bob – Willie Nile Sings Bob Dylan to rave reviews. He is currently bringing his electrifying live show to audiences worldwide.