Thu Sep 23 2021
8:00 PM (Doors 6:00 PM)
Share With Friends
Billy Bob Thornton &
Teddy Andreadis, J.D. Andrew, Brad Davis and Billy Bob “Bud” Thornton make up
“The Boxmasters”; an American roots-rock band of seasoned musicians whose sound is
rich in rhythm and story.
Formed in 2007, the band released the self-titled debut record “The Boxmasters” to
critical acclaim. This two-CD set was comprised of original songs – including the
Americana Radio hit “The Poor House” – and eclectic covers of tunes by The Beatles,
The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Mott The Hoople and Mel Tillis.
After touring the country in 2008, The Boxmasters released a Christmas album –
“Christmas Cheer” – and by April of 2009 had released their third album – “Modbilly” (a
term that they coined as their style of music which was influenced by 60’s British mod
music and influences from Southern American music, both pop and country)– which was
yet another double album that spun to the top of the Americana charts for two weeks.
“Modbilly” later was ranked #14 on the 2009 Americana Music Association’s Top 100
Albums of The Year.
The Boxmasters are back with a new album – “Somewhere Down The Road” – slated for
release in the Spring of 2015, along with an aggressive tour schedule that kicks off with a
slew of LIVE performances from Texas to Tennessee and throughout the South.
• Have released three albums – “The Boxmasters,” “Modbilly,” “Christmas Cheer”
on Vanguard Records; with a new record – “Somewhere Down The Road” –
slated for release in 2015
• “Modbilly” reached #1 on the Americana Radio Chart for 2 weeks in 2009 and
was #14 on the Americana Music Assn Top 100 Albums of the Year
• Contributed a cover of “Sylvia’s Mother” to the compilation “Twistable Turnable
Man- A Tribute to Shel Silverstein”
• “I’ll Give You a Ring” is featured in the film “The Winning Season” starring Sam
Rockwell on Lionsgate Films
• Contributed a version of “Little Boxes”, the theme song for the Showtime comedy
“Weeds” second season
• Network TV performances include:
o “The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson”
o “Jimmy Kimmel Live”
o “Live with Regis & Kelly”
• Venue performances include:
o Tony LaRussa’s Animal Rescue Foundation’s Benefit in 2009 & 2011
o Hosting/Performing for The Country Music Hall of Fame’s “All For The
Hall” Benefit in New York City in 2008
o Levon Helm’s Midnight Ramble twice as well as Levon’s concert
“Ramble at The Ryman”
o Billy Bob’s in Fort Worth, Texas, with ZZ Top as the opening act
o Opening act for Willie Nelson and Family and Ray Price tour
o “Virtual Concert” at Michael Nesmith’s Video Ranch
o The Harley Davidson “Hog Rally” in Milwaukee
o BMI Showcase at The Sundance Music Festival
o Multiple SXSW showcases
The Boxmasters are exceptional bowlers, and once famously defeated Def Leppard in
Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Band member details:
• Shared the stage with legendary artists from Guns N Roses, Carole King,
Alice Cooper, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, to B.B. King and others.
• Long-time counselor and mentor at Rock and Roll Fantasy camps.
• Released solo album “Innocent Loser” in 2012.
• Grammy Award-winning recording engineer whose credits include The
Rolling Stones, Kanye West, The Pussycat Dolls, Will Kimbrough,
Tommy Womack, Guy Clark, and more.
• Co-founded The Boxmasters in 2007.
• Grammy Award winning Producer and Musician who’s worked with a
wide array of artists including Tommy Shaw, Marty Stuart, Earl Scruggs,
David Lee Roth, Dwight Yoakum, Sheryl Crow, Merle Haggard, John
Jorgenson, Sam Bush, and others.
• Recognized and respected in flat-picking circles for his double-down-up
• Released multiple albums including “Not Gonna Let My Blues Bring Me
Down,” “Walk On Faith,” “This World Ain’t No Child,” and many more.
• Recorded four solo albums “Private Radio”, “Edge Of The World”,
“Hobo,” and “Beautiful Door.”
• Performed on numerous recordings including Warren Zevon’s GRAMMY
winning album “The Wind,” the legendary Earl Scruggs’ “Earl Scruggs
and Friends,” and “Anchored In Love: A Tribute to June Carter Cash.”
• Was a roadie for a sound company in the early to late 1970’s working with
national touring acts.
The Walter Michaels Band is a southern rock and blues band from Orange County California featuring the fabulous Walter Michaels.
Thu Sep 23 2021 8:00 PM
(Doors 6:00 PM)