Monday, Oct 06, 2014 8:00 PM EDT
(7:00 PM Doors)
- Monday, Oct 06, 2014 11:00 PM EDT
Galapagos, Brooklyn, NY
21 years and over
PUNDERDOME®, the wild & crazy monthly NYC pun competition hosted by Fred and Jo Firestone, a “Rodney Dangerfield impersonator” and his comedian daughter (alleged) is coming to Super Week (October 6)! All topics will be POP CULTURE! The first 18 individuals/duos to sign-up at the door will have a chance to participate in competitive spontaneous pun-making. Pun-masters will be determined by the “human clap-o-meter” who will “accurately and scientifically” assess levels of audience applause. “As seen only on tv”-type prizes will be awarded to the top two competitors.
Warning for the faint of heart: the ’Dome is the spectator sport; decibel levels can prove harmful (consider ear protection) – decide to attend at your own risk! PUNDERDOME® action: The Brooklyn Ink!
New York press on the PUNDERDOME®!
- “The lowly pun has long been considered the bottom-feeding bristle worm of the comedy world…. That has changed with the arrival of Punderdome 3000, a now monthly event that has turned punning into a high-functioning competition that is equal parts stand-up, beat poetry” The New York Post
- “But for the contestants in a monthly pun competition at Littlefield, a performance space and bar in Brooklyn, forming puns is a spigot they can’t turn off.” The New York Times
- “Can you imagine a more potent cure for the weekday blues? Here was concentrated, unabashed silliness that I longed to bottle and smuggle out in my purse.” The New Yorker
- “This monthly pun competition … is both an endearingly homemade and impressively high-caliber show during which astute wordsmiths (including a crew of beloved regular punsters) spin clever and very funny puns to a packed house.” The New York Times
- “The 5 Best Things To Do In NYC Tonight” CBS New York